Thursday, April 12, 2007

Polo update

Judie reports:
Hi Everyone -
The best time for the hospital and Polo seems to be 1-3 pm, so that is what I have been doing.
He tried to go down again this afternoon, but he rallied after a pain shot. The surgery is not a problem - he is recovering nicely. He is not recovering from the ulcer in his tummy-
he just won't eat, so I stayed in his stall (very large and nice and they moved him to a "room with a view") and hand fed him. He ate all of his Neutrena and whatever else and at least 1/2 of the alfalfa and coastal. His heart rate, liquid-intake and blood work are all good, so if food is the only problem, I will hand feed him..They say that "stall depression" is a problem too, so maybe me being there is a good thing. I like to think so anyway.
Keep the prayers going. My truck is now on autopilot to Retama and can make it in under an hour -
JA

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be going out there today to check up on him:) I get excited, but nervous to see what he will be like:( D

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Judie! Sounds like he's happy when your there. A good friend of ours (named Judie also) had a mare with ulcer problems, but once she got it under control, she was pretty much back to herself. I'm sorry everything has to be so difficult.
Take it easy,
Julie and G

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judie, Thanks for the update. Polo and you are still on the prayer list.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he is eating!!!! This has to mean he's turning the corner. Sounds like if you can keep his spirits up--he is going to be back to the Polo we all know and love. Still sending thoughts and prayers everyday his way!!!!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw him today! He is doing awesome. He is eating and drinking by himself. And loving the carrots! We grazed him for about 30 min today, and didnt act ask if he would roll or anything. Unfortunately Polo does have the Verizon Wireless amphitheater next door along with a 4 wheeling race park. That does NOT help with the stress, but thats okay right? I'm thinking he'll be fine!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still praying everyday. I am also sending him this extra energy technic that I know of. But, I think the Big Guy upstairs is still the best medicine. That is why we have miracles. Hang in there Judie. We are all pulling for the both of you. I know he must love all the attention and love sent his way. Deb

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there polo...and you to Judie...ya'll both are in my prayers!
ashley

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNLESS something else happens hes coming home this Friday! how exciting is that?

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POLOS COMING HOME!!!!!YAY

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home