Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Samson

Say a prayer for Samson everyone. We had him put to sleep today... the infirmies of old age finally caught up with him and he was suffering badly the last couple of days. He's been on treatment for Cushings disease for several years now, blind in one eye, and foundered again. Just too much for him to be comfortable anymore. It's a bit sudden, wish we had more time to warn everyone, but just didn't seem fair to Samson to have him be in so much pain any longer.He was fun to have, we will miss him. Was a great driving pony for awhile. Travelled with Dr. Robbins in his younger days to school for career day. He's been a demo horse for many vet talks! And loved it all.Most fun too was playing with the kids. Everyone loved Samson.
Farewell friend...




10 Comments:

Anonymous Mary and Fargo said...

I'm glad he left his hoofprints on my heart.....I'm so sorry for your loss Diane!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane, I am so sorry! You were right to keep Samson from suffering any longer. His wonderful and funny personality will be sorely missed. We all loved him.

Kim and Sadie

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I am so sorry! He will really be missed by me and everyone that has known this little bundle of hair. I will surely miss being body blocked while getting Rey. He knows he was loved by all.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Amanda J said...

A very sad day, indeed. I'm sorry for your loss; he was a very good little guy.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Diana said...

:( definitely devestating especially to all the oldies that have known his for SO LONG. I found a picture of him yesterday with Amy hanging on for dear life about to get bucked off haha. I also have a very fond memory of this little pony.... dragging me ACROSS Boerne's town square for a library event. Badddd Samson, but its those memories that make me smile and remember the good times we had with him :)
~love you little man~

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget the endless times he would get away from me and show up at Solbacka 20 minutes before Liberty and me. I have pics of him in my front yard at 2 yrs old... He really will be missed. Him and Liberty are kicking there heals up together in the sky.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooops that last one was from me.
~Tiffany

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son was just asking about him yesterday. We always loved that little guy. He will definitely be missed.
Heid and Jason

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I like the thought of Samson & Liberty kicking up their heels together! Samson was one of a kind...so much fun. We will miss him. The Boggans

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Katie Story & Toby said...

Aww poor little guy he was so cute I loved that little horse...Toby misses his little pasture buddy! Sorry for your loss Diane!

Katie & Toby

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home